Too Much Chocolate Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix (or any chocolate will do)
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I used about 2/3 oil and 1/3 water)
- 4 eggs (I cut one egg and used 1 T water instead)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (mini ones are great)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well-greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar or glaze.
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Microwave for about 20 seconds, stir, and only microwave as long as chips aren't melted. Just watch it closely. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla.
- Spread warm glaze over top of cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.