Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla
- Heaping 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream (frozen from container)
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add in ice cream until combined.
2. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix. Add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips; mix until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
3-4 dozen cookies
I felt like trying these because I was curious about the ice cream addition. Well, I really didn't taste that much of a change, because there was already a lot of vanilla extract in these, which helped with the more enhanced vanilla flavor. But I did use vanilla ice cream, next time why not some crazy chocolate brownie or cookies and cream and chopped oreos? I did like the softness of these cookies, and they tasted real and clean. That sounds weird, but they had a nice homemade taste. Try these if you are feeling fun and have some ice cream hanging around you want to use!