Thursday, September 11, 2008

Warm, creamy soup!


Snowman Chili
(adapted from Laura's recipe)


  • 2 cans cannelloni beans, not drained
  • 1-2 cups cooked chicken, diced (I cook one breast in the crockpot with the chili)
  • 1/2 c. diced onion
  • 2 cloves garlic (I use 1/4 t. garlic powder)
  • 1 t. cumin
  • 1 can green chilies (I usually skip)
  • a pinch oregano
  • 1/2 c. chicken broth (you can add more to thin soup later if desired)
  • 8 oz. cream cheese (I use 4-6 oz lowfat)
  • a handful corn
  • 1/2 can diced tomatoes

  1. Add all to crock pot except cream cheese!
  2. Cook for 3 hours on high. Add cream cheese last 30 minutes.
This is a great creamy chili. The girls love it too! That is a rare thing. I added corn and tomatoes to the original recipe for added veggie benefits. I think it's a great addition! I'm glad it is getting to be soup season again. I'm excited to soup it up a lot the next couple of months!

1 comment:

LC said...

I'm so glad you posted this because it's a lot quicker to find it on your blog, than it is for me to dig through my recipe pile:)
I actually got this recipe from Tonya.
Anyway, we made it for dinner tonight and served it with corn chips. Super yummy for a cold winter night.
Thanks for doing this blog! I love being able to have all these recipes all organized and just a click away!!