Friday, April 17, 2009

A good mexi crockpot recipe


Crockpot Chicken with Beans and Cream Cheese
( from recipezaar.com)

  • 2-3 chicken breasts
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 2 cups salsa
  • 8 oz cream cheese (I used light, but I think fat-free could also work!)
  1. Place chicken in crockpot, then add salsa, beans and corn.
  2. Cook on high for a few hours, or until chicken is done.
  3. Add cream cheese and cook for another half hour, or until blended.
  4. Serve over rice or tortilla chips with cheese, sour cream , or whatever.
This was a lot like my snowman chili recipe but this used salsa instead of canned tomatoes and didn't use any cannelloni beans. But honestly, this is a good recipe! Very delicious. On recipezaar it got about 800 4 1/2 star reviews (out of 5). Fast, easy, good...what more can one want??

5 comments:

Cristina said...

This sounds so good! I love crockpot recipes!

LC said...

I have all these ingredients--yay!

TisforTonya said...

you KNOW I'm always looking for new crockpot recipes!

priscilla joy said...

My goodness, these look beyond delicious!

Cristina said...

We tried this last night. Everyone loved it, we will be using this recipe often!