Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Beef in your fajitas..


(I'll get a real picture next time)

Mexican Shredded Beef

  • 3-4 Lbs. lean roast beef
  • 1 pkg. onion soup mix
  • 2-3 c. water
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1/4 c. butter
  • 1/4 c. flour
  • 2 c. salsa
  1. Lightly sear the roast on all sides.
  2. Add to crock pot and sprinkle with onion soup mix and add 2 c. water.
  3. Cook in crock pot on low for 8-9 hours, check every now and then to make sure the liquid remains. (wasn't a problem for me.)
  4. After meat is cooked, drain juices, keeping about 1-2 cups for the gravy.
  5. Shred the meat and toss out any excess fat. Saute onion in butter. When onions are clear, add flour and stir until smooth. Add 1-2 c. of the meat drippings, stirring or whisking constantly until it is a gravy-like consistency.
  6. Return shredded meat to crock pot and add gravy mixture and salsa. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and simmer. Meat should be moist and juicy.
We love our mexican nights! It's nice to change it up a bit with chicken, ground beef, and "real" beef. This is a really good recipe for roast, though, and we love it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear "Taste Buds are the Best Buds",
I have two questions for you.
1. I have a recipe that I think you would really like. It is a Korean dish that I have found that most Americans like. Would you be interested in having me send it to you?
2. I have started a new company and I will be launching product in the near future. I am starting with a dish soap and hand soap that are fragrance free and only use the ingredients necessary for it to work and be safe. I would like to send you a sample to try and if you like it I just ask that you put a link to our website (www.purogenics.com) on your blog so others can find us also.

Please let me know about how you feel about both questions by sending an e-mail to Israel@purogenics.com

Thank you and have a great day.
Israel

Megz said...

We loved this for many meals. Hubby still ravin' about it. Great flavor and moistness. Maybe the best way I've found to eat roast beef.
So good w/ the freshly cooked torts, too.