Sunday, January 16, 2011

So easy and a bit different- a quick snack or lunch!



English Muffin Wowza
  • 1 English Muffin, toasted
  • 1 slice American cheese or Cheddar
  • Strawberry Jam
As soon as the English muffin is perfectly toasted (make it crisp!), throw that cheese on one side.
Spread the jam on the other, preferably strawberry freezer jam, which tastes most fresh!
Put them together and EAT.


When I was a youngun', my mom would make a loaf of white bread.  Warm out of the oven she would put homemade apricot jam on it and top it with "orange cheese".  I can't remember if she did strawberry, but that is what I do because strawberry freezer jam is a staple at our house.  So if you like to pair your cheese with apples (good!) or other sweet things to get that savory/sweet thing going on, then you should give this a try.  Most of my kids like it too!  

No comments: