Sunday, April 24, 2011

Buttermilk Banana Bread


Buttermilk Banana Bread
(from houseofsmiths.com)
  • 3 c. flour
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 1 1/2 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 c. butter
  • 1 1/2 c. buttermilk (I used the buttermilk substitute, which is 1 T vinegar or lemon juice to every cup of milk. Let it stand 5 minutes before using.  This was easy, way healthier, and cheaper, and the taste was great!)
  • 4 large mashed bananas

Mix together dry ingredients.  In a bigger bowl, mix wet ingredients.  Add dry ingredients slowly to the wet.  Pour into 6 or 7 small loaf pans (the small pans are preferred for taste/texture).  Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

I have gone so many years not enjoying banana bread.  This is my first banana bread recipe I will post (I do have a strawberry banana bread one on here) because I will make it again!  The texture and flavor were optimal.  I halved the recipe because I didn't know if it would turn out delicious enough to warrant the full recipe, but the 3 loaves were gone in less than a day.  Enjoyed by the whole family.

No comments: