Sunday, October 9, 2011

Low-fat EASY Vanilla Ice Cream- surprisingly great!



  • Vanilla Ice Cream
  • (from allrecipes.com)

  • 4 cups milk
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

  • Combine milk, sugar and vanilla in freezer canister of ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.  Makes 1/2 gallon.

I was not sure this would turn out well!  I have the kitchenaid ice-cream attachment bowl, and I love how easy and fast it is to make your own ice cream.  This recipe had great reviews at allrecipes.com, and I decided what the heck...we'll try it!  It whipped up quite nicely, though it was very soft-serve, which I prefer anyway.  After being frozen over-night, it was a little more icy than normal ice cream, but still delicious.  A great guilt-free recipe.  It will be fun to try add-ins, or making this with chocolate milk.  


No comments: