Szechuan Chicken and Noodles
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 3/4 cups Yoshida's Original Gourmet Sauce*
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, diced (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 box (13.25 oz) whole wheat linguine noodles (you don't have to use whole wheat)
Cook the linguine noodles according to the directions on the package.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the chicken and cook until chicken turns white and is no longer pink on the inside (takes about 8-10 minutes). Remove the chicken onto a plate.
In the same skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute until soft (about 8 minutes). Once the vegetables are done, add the cooked chicken back to the skillet.
Add in the sauce, minced garlic and paprika. Stir well. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 5-8 more minutes, or until marinade is thoroughly heated and slightly thickened. Add in the cooked broccoli last.
When linguine is done cooking drain the water and then add noodles into the chicken/sauce mixture. Stir to combine and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
We all loved this. I cooked the chicken in the slow cooker with the Yoshida's sauce to save time and then threw it in the pot at the end. Really good!