Thursday, March 20, 2008

Asian Chicken Salad & Grilled Cheese

Asian Chicken Salad

  • 12 oz package broccoli slaw (located in the salad section)
  • 1 pkg Ramen noodles (toast in the oven is best) with seasoning packet (I use as many or as little noodles as I feel like)
  • 1/4 c. Red Wine Vinegar, Apple Cider or Rice Vinegar
  • 1/3 c. salad oil
  • cooked, chopped chicken breast (I use just one)
  • 1/4 c. chopped green onion
  • 2 1/2 T sugar, or to taste

Combine and let flavors mingle for a few hours. Chill. We like this served over (and eaten with!) grilled cheese.

One of R's favorite meals. Salad tastes better the next day even. If rushed for time you can use Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing instead of making the dressing from scratch. It is a good substitute! Try crockpotting your chicken in with the dressing as well.

3 comments:

Megz said...

why don't you want me to comment? Is this reserved for people who have actually tried the recipe and have opinions on it? can't i just comment on the picture and ask who ate the one bite of salad before you took the picture?

cold cocoa said...

Wow- you do pay attention! I almost forgot to take the picture when I was eating!
I want you to do a recipe blog, but I know your meals might not look as appetizing as mine.

Megz said...

So I made this minus the chicken and threw in the ramen noodles for a little crunch. We loved it, though by the bottom of the bowl the vinegar and oil become a little potent. Fun salad in small doses, though.