Chicken and Artichoke Soup
- 4 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans cream of celery soup (I used all cream of chicken, what I had)
- 1 8 oz jar of artichoke hearts, chop finely
- 1/2 box sliced mushrooms (I didn't have these and still good)
- 1 can diced green chilies (I skipped to make kid-friendly)
- 1 quart half and half
- 1 pound pepper jack cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
Poach chicken, then shred (or if you freeze your shredded chicken, this works great for it). In your stock pot, saute onion in a little olive oil. Add chicken. Then add cream of celery, cream of chicken, half and half, mushrooms and artichokes. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
We enjoyed this thick and creamy soup. We'll make it again!