7-UP Pound Cake
(mine was Sprite cake I guess!)
- 3 sticks butter, softened (I used 2 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar (I cut 1/2 cup)
- 5 eggs (I cut 1 egg, added 1 T water)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 3/4 cup 7-Up soda (I only had Sprite! Does it really matter?)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 t. 7-Up
- Cream together butter and sugar for 20 minutes. (20!?) I did mine in my KitchenAid for about 6 minutes on medium high- who has 20 minutes?)
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour, mixing until combined.
- Add lemon extract.
- Fold in 7-Up.
- Pour into well-greased bundt pan or tube pan. (12 cup).
- Cook at 325 for about 50 minutes to an hour, or until top and sides look healthily browned. (Mine took about an hour and 5 minutes)
- Cool, remove carefully from bundt pan by loosening with spatula first, pour on glaze, and eat.