Cake Batter Puppy Chow
Makes 6 cups
- 12 ounces white chocolate candy melts or white chocolate chips (though candy melts are more "melty" thus easier to work with, I think the chips taste better)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white or yellow cake mix (powdered- funfetti is extra fun with the added sprinkles)
- 2 tablespoons colored sprinkles
- 6 cups rice chex cereal
1. In a double boiler (or the microwave on 50% power) melt the white chocolate until smooth and runny.
2. In a small bowl, combine cake mix, powdered sugar, and sprinkles and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. Measure out the 6 cups of cereal into a large bowl, drizzle the chocolate all over and use 2 forks to gently toss the cereal to coat each piece.
4. Once cereal is completely coated in white chocolate, dump the cake mix/sugar mixture on top and gently toss again with the forks to coat each piece.
5. Spread out on parchment paper to cool completely then store in a gallon ziplock bag for later (if you have the self-control!) or enjoy right away!
I am not really a cake batter crazed fan- there are many out there, I know, but I was still interested in trying this recipe because I'm a fan of white chocolate and cereal- like these blizzard bars. And hello- these were awesome! Sugar overload, definitely, but a great snack treat that seems okay because it is made out of cereal! Easy, easy to make, and addictive. Not overbearing on the cake batter flavor at all.