- 2 Granny Smith Apples (I used Braeburn)
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 2 sticks butter (yikes, I know)
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 small can Mountain Dew (or about a cup)
- Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each.
- Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
- Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples.
- Pour Mountain Dew over the dumplings. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 25-40 minutes (mine was about 30). Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.