- 1 T. yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 3 1/2-4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup soft margarine
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- Put yeast into warm water. Let sit until yeast dissolves.
- Mix salt, sugar, and 3 1/2 cups flour in a separate bowl. Add yeast and water mixture.
- Blend well adding enough remaining flour to form soft dough. Knead dough for 3 minutes.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. After the 10 minute wait period is up, coat cookie sheet.
- Put dough in the middle of the cookie sheet and press to outer edges. I usually flour my hands lightly so the dough doesn't stick to them.
- Spread topping evenly over dough. Cut dough down the middle and across with a pizza cutter. Let rise to almost double.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes one pan of breadsticks.