Sunday, June 14, 2009

Black-Eyed peas and Corn Salsa

Black-Eyed Peas and Corn Salsa

  • 1 15 oz can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 4-5 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (I skip- don't like it!)
  • 1 bunch green onions, cut into small pieces (I diced some yellow onion- all I had)
  • 1-2 medium avocadoes, diced
  • 1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing, mixed according to package directions. (this brand is best)
Mix all together with dressing. Add avocado just before serving. Refrigerate several hours before serving. (though I ate mine right away and it was great, but I bet flavors would mingle best this way)
Serve with tortilla chips or over a salad.

Yum! This is another one stolen from my ward cookbook, but what can I say? I'm making this again, so it's going into my tried and true file, aka my blog.

No comments: