Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 1 box (6 oz) dry Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound lean low-sodium ham slices
- 1-2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups sliced, diced or shredded cooked chicken/turkey
- 2 cups Sauce, optional (see below)
- Cranberry sauce, cherry tomatoes, parsley etc, optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil; stir in butter and stuffing mix; remove from heat, cover and allow stuffing to stand 5 minutes.
- Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray. Layer ham slices in bottom of pan; sprinkle with shredded cheese; arrange chicken over cheese.
- Spread prepared stuffing over chicken slices. Bake 20-30 minutes or until heated through and stuffing is browned on top. Cut in squares and serve with optional Sauce (see below) and optional garnish. Feeds 6-8.
This was good! I do recommend going for maybe low-sodium ham, especially with the stuffing and sauce. But either way, it's a good meal. I also recommend the addition of cranberry sauce! But I am a fan of that, what can I say. Next time I think I would just pour the sauce over top before putting the pan in the oven, covering it with tinfoil. Save some time and taste just as good.