Crab Pasta Salad
- 2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 1 1/2 cups imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl. Stir in crab, broccoli, green pepper, tomatoes and onions.
- Combining dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
I didn't have "Creamy Italian" dressing so I used the following easy recipe to make some. it was great!
Creamy Italian Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, and sugar. Season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
This was a great summer salad! Even Russell, who professes to hate imitation crab, ate this happily and enjoyed it thoroughly! I loved this dressing too. A keeper! Hurray for quick summer salads on hot days!