Mexican Chicken Chowder
- 3 pounds Chicken (I halved the recipe and used half a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 T. Butter
- 4 Chicken bullion cubes
- 2 cup liquid (reserved from chicken) (I used a can of chicken broth)
- 2 tsp. cumin (I used 1 teaspoon for the kid's sake and it was about right for them)
- 4 cups Half and Half
- 4 cups grated Jack Cheese (I used cheddar)
- 2- 14oz. can Cream of Corn
- 2- 4oz can Green Chiles
- a few shaked of Tabasco
Boil chicken with 1 onion quarted & 1 T. salt. Reseve 2 cups of the chicken stock for soup. Cool chicken & shred.
Saute onions & garlic in butter in pot until soft. Then add rest of ingredients except for half and half and jack. Bring to Boil. Then add half and half and jack. Make sure to turn your heat to low. Stir constantly until combined.
This soup was awesome! It was a nice change from taco soups, chili, etc, but with the hint of spice, while mostly creamy. Try it!!