- 1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/3 c. raspberry jam (or any jam or nutella works too, just don't use the glaze with the nutella)
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 4 t. lemon juice
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until creamy and fluffy.
- Gradually stir in flour until blended. Divide dough into fourths. On lightly floured surface (or just your hands if you're comfortable) roll each fourth into a 9 inch rope.
- Place 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Press down the center of each rope so you can spread the jam in the indentation.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice and spread over jam. Cut diagonally after frosting is set.
I didn't expect to try these or like these, because I usually don't do the fruity cookies or treats. I just think they're second-rate to chocolate! However, one taste and I was happy I tried the recipe. It is fast, and you don't need to do the ropes, you can just form regular cookie dough balls and make an indentation for jam that way, too.