Strawberries and Cream Bars
Sugar Cookie Bottom Layer:
-1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
INGREDIENTS FOR CREAM LAYER:
- 1 8 oz. package (1 bar) of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 TB cornstarch
- Large tub of Cool Whip
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9×13 pan,
2. Cream together shortening, butter and sugar. Mix until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, salt and flour and mix well. Gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. Spread into the bottom of your greased pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges or golden brown. Let cool.
4. Melt white chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave by heating up in 30 second intervals. Mix with softened cream cheese until well blended. Spread over sugar cookie layer and refrigerate.
5. In a small pan, mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add chopped strawberries and water and heat on medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Once it is boiling, take off the heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Pour over cream cheese layer and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
6. Top with Cool Whip and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Totally perfect and delicious. A great treat!