Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup malted milk powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick plus 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups chocolate-covered malted milk balls (I used Whoppers), coarsely chopped
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, or 1 cup store-bought chocolate chips or chunks
- -Sift together the flour, malted milk powder, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- -Working with a stand mixer, preferably fitted with a paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until very smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition. Beat in the vanilla; don't be concerned if the mixture looks curdled-it will even out when the dry ingredients are added.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add half the dry ingredients, mixing just until they disappear into the batter. Mix in the milk, then the remaining dry ingredients, mixing only until they are incorporated. The batter will look more like fudge frosting than cookie dough-and that's fine. With the mixer on low, or by hand with a rubber spatula, mix in the malted milk balls and chopped chocolate.
- -Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the sheets, leaving about 2 inches on space between spoonfuls. Bake for 11-13 minutes. When done, the cookies will be puffed and set but slightly soft to the touch. Let the cookies rest for 2 minutes before using a wide metal spatula to transfer them to racks to cool to room temperature.