Friday, March 5, 2010

Fun crock pot recipe


Chicken and Potatoes a la Crock Pot

  • 1 1/2 pound red potatoes, chunked
  • 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese
  • 1 can (10 3/4 oz size) cream of whatever soup (I used chicken)
  • 1 envelope Ranch-style dressing mix
  • 12 ounces chicken breast without skin -- cut into strips

Directions:
  1. Place potatoes in slow cooker.
  2. Beat together the cream cheese, soup and salad dressing mix. Stir in chicken strips and spread over potatoes (or just stir all together).
  3. Cover and cook on Low 8 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Stir once after 5-6 hours. Stir before serving.

This was a good recipe! I loved being able to use my crock pot for potatoes. You'll need to watch the time on the potatoes because mine was about 4 hours, and I used about 4 chunked potatoes, and one chicken breast. I didn't have ranch seasoning, I just poured some prepared ranch in there, which was good too, though it might have not had as much of a ranch flavor that way. We enjoyed this meal! Kid-friendly.



1 comment:

Cristina said...

Looks yummy! I'm going to try this tomorrow, I have all the ingredients, and I love using my crock-pot! Thanks!