Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm so happy I discovered you




Sweet and Salty Wraps
(from ourbestbites.com)
  • fresh baby spinach, chopped
  • cooked chicken (I put mine in the crockpot with some poppyseed dressing)
  • feta cheese (I discovered this this year and love it!)
  • crumbled cooked bacon (optional- I don't like bacon and skipped this, but imagine it could be good)
  • craisins ( I skipped this too because I wasn't feelin' it but maybe next time)
  • poppy seed dressing (you can use Brianna's or the recipe below which is easy and great!!)
  • tortillas (I like the uncooked kind you cook at home but any you like will do!)
Combine all ingredients, place in tortilla, roll up and devour!  All the kids loved these, and this is my dream dinner!  Quick, easy, painless....yummy.  The saltiness of the feta goes excellently with the sweet dressing.  YUM.  We liked to dip them in additional dressing.  



Poppy Seed Dressing
Recipe from Our Best Bites


1/3 c. white vinegar
1 tsp. Kosher salt
A few turns of freshly ground black pepper
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. mustard
1 green onion, ends removed (I used about 1/4 cup yellow onion because that is what I had)
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. poppy seeds

In a blender, combine vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, and mustard. While the blender is running, add the green onion. Continue running the blender and add the oil in a steady stream and is fully incorporated into the dressing.

Pour the dressing into a serving or storage container and whisk in poppy seeds. Serve over leafy greens.





Poppy Seed Chicken Pasta Feta Salad
(a salad version of the above recipe)

  • 16 ounces pasta- try the mini-size bowties!
  • grilled or cooked chicken, chopped
  • feta cheese, as much as you like
  • chopped fresh spinach
  • poppy seed dressing, about 1 cup or as much as desired
  1. Combine all ingredients and enjoy!  Delicious.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm am going to try this one!! Looks very YUMMY! Did you cook the spinach too or no?

cold cocoa said...

Fresh! And use uncooked tortillas that you cook on the stove...much thinner and not as bready, which make the ingredients inside shine better!
THese are good warm or cold.