Sunday, August 8, 2010

S'mores bars- addicting and delicious






S’Mores Bars
(from realmomkitchen.com originally from cookingwithmykid.com) 
  • 1 stick of butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 king-sized Hershey’s milk chocolate bars
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 jar marshmallow creme/fluff
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (~7 full-sized graham cracker sheets, processed til fine)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan (I line my pan with foil or parchment paper for easy removal and cutting). Use an electric mixer to cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Set aside.
  2. Meanwhile,whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture until combined.
  3. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
  4. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side. (I used one because it was all I had and it worked fine).
  5. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff until all covered.
  6. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff.  (I used my hands to stretch it out as well as I could to cover the whole thing).
  7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly browned. Be sure to cool completely before cutting into bars. Makes 16 squares. 





      1. Now, I knew these would be tasty but I didn't know just how good they'd be until I made them!  How fun are they, with those layers and gooeyness??  Delectable.  
                                                  1.  

3 comments:

Megz said...

Those look good...I think this summer I've eaten the most real live smores I ever have, and then wonder why I did.
I heard about roasting caramels then putting them in between ritz crackers. Salty 'n sweet. Gotta try it.

Unknown said...

Love .. love ... love s'mores minus the graham crackers.

Brooke
http://www.momentsofelegance.com

LC said...

ooh yum guys.
I totally dig this recipe...will be making soon.