Thursday, September 16, 2010

A fancy but simple chicken sandwich- trust me on this!


Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Apricot Sauce
(pioneerwoman.com)




  • 2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Pounded To Even Out Thickness (I missed the point a little by crockpotting my chicken in a little apricot and dijon to save time)
  • Sliced Sourdough Or Other Crusty Bread ( I used regular bread and french bread and both were good)
  • Apricot Preserves
  • Mayonnaise
  • Dijon Mustard
  • Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
  • Baby Spinach
  • Red Onion, Sliced Thinly

  1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and grill until cooked all the way through. Wrap in plastic wrap and efrigerate until needed.
  2. Combine equal parts apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, and mayonnaise. Add cayenne to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
  3. To assemble, spread apricot sauce on two slices of bread. Add chicken breast, baby spinach, and red onion slices.
  4. Serve cold or drizzle with olive oil and brown on a panini grill.(I don't have one of these so I just flattened in a pan with a heavy pan placed on it to squish out the air- it worked well!).

--This is my type of sandwich!  I loved the apricot-dijon sauce.  It tastes very similar to a honey-mustard flavor in the end-don't be scared off by the apricot preserves.  We always have them on hand for the apricot chicken we love. I am all about sauces that are different and fun.  I also like any sandwich that includes spinach, because we always have it available and I like it better on this type of thing than lettuce.  

No comments: