Mini Marbled Pound Cake
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 Tbsp butter; room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs; room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 5 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside. Grease and flour four 5 1/2 x 3 x 1 1/2 (approx) mini loaf pans (I used 3) OR one 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy (3-4 min). Add the eggs in one at a time, mixing to incorporate after each one. Stir in extract(s).
- Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the flour. Set aside 1/3 of batter.
- In a small bowl combine cocoa powder and 6 Tbsp HOT water. Mix until smooth. Add to reserved 1/3 batter. Stir until well combined. Fill prepared pan(s) by alternating spoonfuls of each batter. Swirl with a skewer or cake tester.
- Bake 40-45 min (for one cake) or 20-25 for small cakes (check after 15 min) or until cake tester comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool. Invert after 5-10 min. Let cool completely and top with icing glaze.
1 1/2 Tbsp butter; room temp
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 tsp milk
Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth and pourable (add more milk if necessary.)
I made these without the glaze, and it was good, but next time I want to try with the glaze. These are pretty simple, and look good to give away or eat yourself!