Thursday, January 20, 2011

Have I really not posted this apple syrup recipe?



Apple Cider Syrup
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 2 T. cornstarch
  • 1/4 t. cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. nutmeg
  • 2 c. apple cider
  • 2 T. lemon juice
  • 1/4 c. butter
In a saucepan, combine first four ingredients.  Stir in cider and lemon juice.  Cook and stir until boiling.  Boil for one minute, remove from heat and add butter.  Serve over pancakes, waffles, or french toast.


This is delicious!  My mom's famous recipe, maybe minus a little sugar and butter?  Anyway, it's a definite winner and a nice change from maple.

3 comments:

LC said...

This sounds like a perfect match for my new favorite whole wheat pancakes.
Thanks!

Megz said...

I took this to the ward breakfast and was the belle of the ball! OK, maybe no, but I think I should have been. It's oh-so-good.

TisforTonya said...

yummers - I need to make this... maybe we're eating waffles tomorrow just to try it out!!!