Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Apricot Turkey Pinwheels



Apricot Turkey Pinwheels
(from Taste of Home magazine)


  • 1 can Pillsbury Simply French Bread (or crescent roll sheets or puff pastry or pizza dough)
  • 1/4 c. apricot preserves
  • 1/2 t. ground mustard
  • 1/4 lb. deli turkey
  • 1/2 c. monterey jack cheese (I used pepper jack)
Spread preserves on rolled out dough. Sprinkle with mustard and then layer with turkey and cheese. Roll up jelly roll style. Cut into 16 slices (or how big you want it). Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until browned.


I thought this was a great snack/meal! If you want to make it a meal you may need 2 cans. I loved the Simply French bread because it didn't have that canned flavor the crescent rolls have. But any dough would be good. I cooked it before cutting it and it worked well that way too.  I love that little taste of sweet with a little spice!

No comments: