- 1 store bought oreo pie shell (or make one at home)
- 1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream
- cool whip
- caramel (optional)
- hot fudge sauce
- coursely crushed oreo cookies (optional)
- On the bottom of the pie shell, drizzle caramel and hot fudge sauce.
- Soften ice cream, and scoop into the pie shell until 3/4 of the way full.
- Top with cool whip and top that with the oreo cookies.
- Drizzle more caramel and hot fudge sauce and put back in the freezer to firm up.
Let it soften before serving for optimal taste. Mmmmmm..
Another great variation: bake a chocolate cake mix using a cookie sheet. Follow all instructions on box, but only cook it for about 15-18 minutes. After cool, top with fudge sauce and then scoop out softened ice cream (about 10 cups ice cream). We like mint choco chip or strawberry. Cover that with whipped cream and freeze. This is another easy winner that feeds 20-30, depending on how many you need, how tall you stack ice cream.