Zucchini Casserole (allrecipes.com)
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 35 buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of water. Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well, and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions. In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Zucchini Casserole 2
- 4 ounces herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 4 cups cubed zucchini (I sliced mine)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine stuffing and butter. In a separate bowl combine zucchini, carrots, onion, soup and sour cream. Mix in 1/2 of the stuffing mixture, then spread into a 9x12 inch casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining stuffing on top.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes (mine took 10-15 minutes longer, so slice thin! You can also saute zuke and onion in a skillet for 5 minutes and cut of 30 min of oven time).