Crock Pot Indian Tomato Chicken and Rice
(serves 2 adults well)
- frozen chicken pieces--enough to feed your family (I used 1 big breast)
- 1 can tomatoes (I used crushed)
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1/2 t ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 t ground coriander (I didn't have, but garam masala has coriander in it)
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t garam masala (1/2 t to add now, 1/2 later. You can buy this at the grocery store in the McCormick "gourmet" collection. It's a combination of coriander, cinnamon, cumin, black pepper and cardamom. Used to flavor Indian dishes)
- 1/2 cup plain non fat yogurt (I used sour cream)
- cooked rice
- Put your chicken pieces into the crock pot and add the can of tomatoes and all of the spices, minus 1/2t of the garam masala.
- Don't add the yogurt yet.
- Cook on high for 2 12 hours or until chicken is done.
- 30 minutes before serving, stir in the yogurt, and taste. Add the other 1/2 t. of garam masala, or to taste.
- Serve over rice.