Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Chicken: 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- garlic salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 T canola oil
- Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks (or leave them whole, but will take longer to cook in the oven).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg.
- Fry in a little oil until brown but not cooked through.
- Place in a single layer in a baking dish.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 3/4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 c. chicken broth
- Bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 20 minutes if chicken is in small chunks or turn once if you keep the chicken breasts whole.
Yummmmmm! We loved this. Olivia, the pickiest, had thirds. Goes great with broccoli or stir-fry veggie blends or potatoes and rolls. Fast and like Chinese Sweet and Sour, only not as greasy or heavy.