Beth's Starbuck's Coffee Cake
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (plus ingredients on back of box)
- 2 Sticks cold salted butter (I used margarine and cut off a couple T)
- 2 1/4 Cups flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 ¾ Cups sugar (I used 3/4 brown, 3/4 white)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla
- Powdered sugar (for dusting-optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare cake mix in large bowl according to directions on box. Grease 9x13 pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until center is just barely set.
- While cake is baking, prepare crumb topping. In large bowl of electric mixer combine, butter, flour, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla until all crumbly.
- Immediately after cake is removed from oven, break crumb topping into marble size pieces with fingers, sprinkling over top. Put back in oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes (topping will begin to look a little less wet/raw). Let cool fully then dust with powdered sugar, using a sieve.
- Cut into squares and serve.