Honey Glazed Chicken
(adapted from mykitchencafe.blogspot.com)
- 2 lbs of diced uncooked chicken breast (I used 2 breasts; next time I'll use 3)
- 1/3 cup flour (or as much needed to coat chicken pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 T butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 T lemon juice
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Heat oven to 350. In a big ziploc bag combine the flour and seasonings. Throw the chicken pieces in the flour mixture and shake to coat.
- Melt 2 T. butter and pour on cookie sheet or baking dish and place chicken pieces in a single layer. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes (or until cooked through) at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt remaining butter and add honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger. If you need more sauce, increase the honey, soy sauce, and butter.
- Add cooked chicken pieces gently into the pan with the sauce. Heat through and serve with rice and your choice of steamed veggies.