- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (10-1/2 oz.) mini-marshmallows (6 cups)
- 1 pkg. (13 oz.) fruit-flavored sweetened rice cereal (about 8-1/2 cups)
- 1 can (16 oz.) ready-to-spread frosting 1/4 cup colored sprinkles (optional)
- Microwave butter in 4-qt. microwaveable bowl on high 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; mix to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 sec. Add cereal; mix well.
- Press cereal mixture firmly into 24 lightly greased muffin pans to form "cupcakes," using about 1/3 cup cereal mixture for each cup. Cool; remove from pans.
- Spread with frosting just before serving. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.