Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
- 2 c. chocolate syrup
- 3/4 c. peanut butter
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- Pour the chocolate syrup in a microwave bowl and microwave for a minute. Do not allow to boil (burnt chocolate is kind of gross).
- Stir in peanut butter until melted and smooth. Cool to room temp.
- Line the bottom of a 9x13 pan with 8 1/2 ice cream sandwiches. Spread half the whipped topping over the sandwiches. Spoon half the chocolate mixture over that. Repeat layers.
- Freeze until firm, 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve.
What is cool about this dessert is you take ordinary Hershey's syrup (which I don't love plain) and add the peanut butter, and it transforms the syrup into a hot fudgey consistency and deliciousness! My favorite part of this dessert. Try to buy the ice cream sandwiches when they are 4 for $1.