Cake Ball Truffles
- 1 package cake mix any flavor
- 1 container prepared frosting (any flavor)
- 1 block chocolate or vanilla chocolate coating (almond bark- find it by the chocolate chips at walmart or any grocery store)
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended. Scoop with a little cookie scoop into balls and freeze until firm (you can dip into chocolate immediately, but frozen is easier to work with).
- When you're ready to begin, melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave on the DEFROST selection or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Be careful not to overheat, or chocolate will get thick and mushy!
- Using a fork, dip the balls in chocolate, making sure to coat the ball entirely. If desired, sprinkle with sprinkles, nuts, coconut or whatever you like. You can even dip in chocolate and then drizzle while chocolate over that. Place on waxed paper to set.
I made these for Isabelle's birthday tea party. They were easier to make than I thought, and the results were appealing. It was a nice change from normal cake, fancier and bite-size. I tried chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, covered in chocolate. Very decadent! Next time I'll try red velvet.