Chicken and Sun dried Tomato Bruschetta
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/4 cups of Italian dressing, divided
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 8 sun dried tomatoes, without oil chopped (mine were in oil and it tasted great!)
- 1 loaf foccacia bread cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I skipped this step)
- Place the chicken in a bowl with 1 cup of the dressing. Marinate for at least three hours. (I just threw one chicken breast in the crock pot with some of the dressing and cooked for a few hours).
- Cook the chicken. After the chicken has cooled a little, either shred it or cut it.
- Add chopped sun dried tomatoes, torn up spinach, feta and the rest of the dressing. Mix together.
- Cut up the bread and drizzle with olive oil. Broil until lightly toasted. Add the chicken mixture to the bread and serve!
This is something I fell in love with! So did Russell, and 1 out of 4 kids liked it. Sure, not a hit there, but the oldest has the most mature taste buds, and she liked it. I loved the contrast of flavors, and the dressing was excellent. This could be served as a dip as well. You can pretty much use as much of each ingredient (spinach, cheese, tomatoes, etc) as you like.