Enchilada Pasta Soup
(adapted from pillsbury.com)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz can creamed sweet corn (we didn't have so I just threw in corn I tried to smash)
- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 can green chilies
- 1 chicken breast or 1 can chicken
- about 4 oz acine de pepe (little teensy cute pastas located in pasta section)
- 3/4 t. cumin
- sprinkle oregano
- 1/4 t. onion powder
1. Throw all (but pasta) into crock pot.
2. Cook 2 1/2- 3 hours on high or 4-5 on low.
3. Shred chicken, add pasta and cook for 20 more minutes.
We are clearly in a Mexican soup rut! But it's a good place to be.
I don't know what would happen if I cooked the pasta dots longer...possibly they're so teeny there might not be a problem with getting too soggy. So the pasta is what makes this soup different from all the other taco soups I've posted. And this is really good with that fun pasta! We loved it.