Sweet and Salty Turtle Cookie Bars(from pickypalate.com)
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanillla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzel sticks (I'll use more next time)
- 1/2 Cup ground walnuts (tasted great and I'm not a nut person!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and slowly add to wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
2. Thoroughly grease a 11x7 (or similar size) inch baking dish with cooking spray. Press 1/2 of the cookie dough into the bottom of the dish. Drizzle caramel sauce over dough then sprinkle with pretzels and walnuts. With a cookie scoop, scoop the remaining cookie dough evenly over top of pretzels and nuts. Press down slightly, should look uneven. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until cookie isn't wobbly in the center. Remove and let cool completely before cutting into squares.
These were fun! I really liked the pretzel and walnut additions. I will add more of these next time. Much easier to handle when cool.