Creamy Crock Pot Chicken and Broccoli over Rice
(adapted from pickypalate.com)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cheddar soup
- 8 oz chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt seasoning
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed, just fork tender
- shredded cheddar cheese on top (optional)
1. Place soups, chicken broth, Cajun and garlic seasoning into a crock pot over low heat. Whisk until smooth. Place chicken in, pressing to the bottom. Cover lid and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
2. When chicken is cooked, use 2 forks to shred into bite size pieces. Stir in sour cream and broccoli.
3. Serve over steamed rice and sprinkle with cheese.
This was really good! More flavor than I thought it would have. All the kids ate it happily, which is always a surprise. The cajun seasoning added just a nice zest, very subtle but interesting.