Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Warm and yummy Mexi-Soup!


Crock Pot Enchilada Chicken Soup
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 1 can corn, drained ( I throw in frozen sweet corn)
  • 1 packet enchilada sauce mix
  • 1 1/2 c. water
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 c. milk
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts (I like using just one)
  1. In crock pot, mix the enchilada packet together with the water and tomato sauce.
  2. Add cream of chicken soup and milk and whisk together until smooth.
  3. Add chicken.
  4. Pour drained black beans and drained corn on top of that.
  5. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3.
  6. Before serving, take out chicken and shred, then put back and stir it all together.
Serve with sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips...whatever you like.

This is different from my normal ground beef taco soup and my snowman chili, which is why I am happy adding it to my rotation along with the others. I like the flavor the red enchilada sauce brings, along with the milk/cream of chicken soup blend. Worth trying! We enjoyed it! And it's fast and easy.

No comments: