Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp soda
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg.
- Add vanilla & mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt & soda & stir with a whisk to combine. Add to wet mixture and mix just until combined.
- Spread on a greased baking sheet (use a 13 x 18 pan). Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 min, until light golden brown or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and frost.