Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 oz macaroni noodles (that is two cups dry noodles)
- 2 c. milk (I used 1 %)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 t. kosher salt (use whatever you have)
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 2 c. cheddar cheese (I used 1 1/2 c. and threw in an ounce or so of velveeta at the end)
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
- In separate bowl, mix egg with milk until well blended. Add salt and pepper and cheese.
- Add macaroni and pour mixture into crockpot.
- Important: cook on low for 2 hours, making sure to watch the crockpot closely after that first hour, because when pasta is cooked, you want to stop the cooking so it's not a mushy mess. Mine took 1 hour and 45 minutes. Then I just kept the crockpot on warm until dinner.
This was actually quite delicious! I made it for my kids, but I thought it was dang good. A nice "real cheese" version to the box. And thought it's not entirely hands-off, it's still pretty easy! This made enough for our family, but just barely. It is rich so it goes farther. I added velveeta (2% kind) at the end to give it a more yellow color (for the kids) and to add some extra creaminess.