(adapted from culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com)
- 2 sticks margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp cream of tarter
- a couple splashes nutmeg
- 1 and ¼ cup sour cream (I used light)
- 2 and ¼ cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar and 1 T cinnamon mixed together for rolling
- Cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the vanilla. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
- In a separate, mix together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, nutmeg and cream of tarter.
- Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg-butter mixture in the additions. Start with the flour and end with the flour. Scrape the bowl occasionally.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out muffin batter one at a time and drop into a shallow bowl filled with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the muffin around in the mixture until it is covered completely in cinnamon sugar.. Place muffin in to muffin tin.. Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 24 muffins. Bake them for approx. 17-20 minutes in a 350F oven or until they are golden brown.