Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 pie crusts (I used Western Family Pie Crust that just unfolds into the pan located by canned biscuits)
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 4-6 red potatoes (leave skin on)
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 1 sweet onion , diced (makes it very good!)
- butter for sauteing onion
- egg for glaze
1. Heat oven to 450.
2. Heat two large pans of water , one for the chicken, the other for potatoes.
3. Dice the potatoes, then add to the boiling water, cooking about 10 minutes or until fork-tender; drain.
4. Cook the bottom of the pie crust first, in the oven. Just follow the directions on the back of the pie crust box for a "one crust pie" - I cooked mine for 9 minutes. After cooking, turn the oven down to 400 to cook the pie.
5. Saute the onion in butter until it is translucent and tender.
6. After chicken is done shred it into bite size pieces.
7. Combine the shredded chicken, potatoes, peas and carrots, onions and the 2 cans of cream of chicken soup in a large bowl.
8. Pour mixture into the cooked pie crust.
9. Add the top crust and trim to fit the pie plate.
10. Whisk the egg in a small bowl and baste over the top crust (makes it look good).
11. Make 4 slits in the top of the pie with a knife to provide steam release while the pie is baking.
12. Bake for 25-30 minutes and then let the pie cool for a few minutes.