- 1 (10 inch) angel food cake
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced (or as much as desired), sprinkled with sugar
- Crumble the cake into a 9x13 inch dish or trifle bowl.
- In a medium bowl, cream cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Mash the cake down with your hands and spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake.
- In a bowl, combine strawberries and sugar until strawberries are evenly coated. Spread over cream cheese layer (layer each section twice in a trifle). Chill until serving.