Curry-in-a-Hurry Rotisserie Chicken Salad
(adapted from rachaelray.com)
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken meat, skinned, boned and diced (I used one cooked breast and halved the following ingredients for 2 adults)
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (a couple of handfuls)
- 4 scallions, chopped on an angle (I used green onions)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder or 2 rounded teaspoons mild curry paste
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney, found on condiment aisle
- 1/4 cup sliced smoked almonds (2 ounces)
- Combine meat, celery, red grapes, carrot and scallions. Add curry to the salad and toss to evenly distribute the curry. Add mango chutney and toss. Season the salad with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Garnish with toasted almonds.
- Serve with warm rolls or crackers, or over lettuce.