(adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 6-9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and dried with a paper towel
- 1 diced tomato (optional)
- 1 c. chopped fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 c. diced red onion
- 2 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, diced
- 1-2 jars Alfredo-style pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pint (2 cups) ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and alfredo sauce, stir together. In a separate bowl, combine ricotta and drained, cooked spinach, add any other veggies, and stir.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, pour a little sauce on the bottom of the pan. Then place one layer of lasagna noodles, edges overlapping. Place 1/3 of ricotta mix, then another noodle layer, then sauce, some cheese, then noodles, and whatever's left...some cheese on top. Layer it however- I never layer it the same way twice!
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until top is brown and bubbly.